Premier Pediatric Therapy Source is open for both Clinic and Telehealth visits and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all of our families and team members. We understand that due to COVID-19 there may be concerns about coming to our clinic for those seeking services in a face-to-face environment. Our promise to you is to keep you and your child safe while continuing to provide the quality care your child needs.
To accomplish this, we have made changes to our clinic policies and procedures and are taking extra precautionary measures as well as implementing safeguards to minimize exposure risks. The following is what we are doing to make our environment safe for you, your child and our team.
PREPARATION FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Families will be asked COVID-19 health screening questions 3 days prior to their scheduled appointment
- In preparation for the appointment, please note that only the child and one parent/guardian will be allowed in our office. All other family members should remain at home.
DAY OF YOUR CHILD’S VISIT
- Families will be asked to call the office upon arrival to our building while waiting in their car until your therapist is ready for you to come in. During this call the following will occur:
- COVID-19 health screening questions will be asked again
- Any payment due will be collected over the phone
- Face masks will be required for all adults and children 3 years and older. For children with limited tolerance for wearing a face mask, children who have trouble breathing or have a condition not appropriate for a face mask, or children who are unable to remove a mask without assistance, we are happy to provide care through Telehealth visits.
- Hands free temperature checks will be taken of the child and the accompanying parent/guardian.
- PPTS team members will also complete a health screening form including a temperature check prior to coming into the office
- Our waiting room will remain closed until further notice
DURING THE SESSION
- Parent, child and therapist will wash hands at the beginning of the session
- Parents are encouraged to participate in their child’s session. If you choose to not participate, you will be asked to wait in your car within the building parking lot until you’re contacted to come back in the office to pick up your child..
- Fabric toys, carpeted swings, play dough, sensory bins and other difficult to clean objects will not be used.
AFTER THE SESSION
- Parent, child and therapist will either wash hands or use hand sanitizer at the end of the session before leaving the clinic
- Toys, equipment, and mats will be sanitized and disinfected between sessions
- Therapists will also disinfect their rooms between sessions
GENERAL PREVENTATIVE MEASURES
- Therapy and administrative staff will wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- We use staggered scheduling to limit the number of people in our office at any given time
- You’ll receive an individualized check-in experience. Only one family is in our waiting room checking in or out at time
- Door handles and other commonly touched surfaces are disinfected every hour
Premier Pediatric Therapy Source is here to support families. We are pleased that we can offer clinic-based services but also understand that in our current health climate that returning to face-to-face visits may be cause for concern. We hope that the policies, procedures and extra precautionary measures we have in place will help put you at ease.
If you are not ready to begin clinic-based services at this time this is understandable and we are ready to provide the same quality care for your child via Telehealth. Feel free to contact us to learn more or to request an appointment.