– Nutritional guidelines for young children
– Feeding development in children 6 months-5 years
– Common feeding concerns
– The role of Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Registered Dietitians in feeding
– Strategies for addressing feeding concerns
– When to seek out professional treatment
Summer is almost here and what a great way to get your child off to a rolling start than learning to ride a bike. Biking Buddies is a four class series taught by a licensed physical therapist that supports parents/caregivers in teaching their children how to safely and effectively learn to ride a two-wheeled pedal bike in a fun, playful and engaging environment.
Participants must be efficient balance bike riders (able to glide with feet up for long distances)
WHEN: Saturdays – June 4th,11th,18th and 25th from 9:30am – 10:30am
WHERE: Premier Pediatric Therapy Source, back parking lot
6715 Little River Turnpike, Annandale, VA 22003
CLASS SIZE: Class is limited to 10 buddies to allow for individualized attention
Parents/caregivers and children will learn how to:
- Properly adjust a bike to fit the child for optimal learning
- Size and fit a helmet for optimal safety while riding
- Support their child’s learning in a fun group atmosphere with individualized attention to facilitate success
- Ride a bike!
This class is geared towards children ages 3-7 years and all abilities are welcome though children must be independent balance bike riders. One parent/caregiver is expected to participate during each class.
See what families are saying about Biking Buddies
“My child has poor coordination skills and was able to build confidence and skills needed to ride in three classes. we highly recommend the class!” – Yolanda P.
“My daughter came into the class only able to ride with training wheels. By the end of the month she was riding independently. The lessons were fun for her and the rest of the class. I liked how the children were able to take their own lead and no pressure was put on them” – Parent participant
“Biking buddies will help you learn to teach your child without hurting your back. Builds confidence in you and your child” – Anushalakshmi J.