When: Saturdays, July 10, 17, 24 & 31
Time: 9:30am – 10:30am
Location: St. Clement Episcopal Church parking lot
1701 N. Quaker Lane, Alexandria, VA 22302
For Ages: 2-7 years of all abilities
This exciting new class will be taught by Physical Therapists who will provide individualized support and personalized instruction that will facilitate successful bike riding based on your child’s needs, within a fun group atmosphere. There will also be fun games included to help our biking buddies practice their new skills.
During Biking Buddies parents/caregivers and children will learn how to:
- Properly adjust a bike to fit the child for optimal learning
- Size and fit a helmet for optimal safety while riding
- Support their child’s learning in a fun group atmosphere with individualized attention to facilitate success
- Ride a bike!
What to bring:
- Your child’s bike – balance bike or pedal bike without training wheels (we will have tools to make adjustments as needed to support your rider)
- A snug helmet (we will help with adjusting straps as needed for safe wear)
- Comfortable supportive footwear (no open toe shoes or sandals) for all participants
- A positive attitude and readiness for fun!
To ensure all Biking Buddies receive individualized attention, this class will be limited to 12 buddies.